-->

Thursday, February 5, 2015

What Living in NYC is Really LIke...


Although i started off the new year promising myself to blog more, it's only until a month after that I'm starting to post a new entry.... fail. But really, 2015 new years resolution: blog more.

So in commemoration of having lived in nyc for 4 months now and to start off the first entry of 2015, here's what i expected from living in NYC when i first moved in vs. what life is really like for a broke 25 year old female:



The Weather 

What I imagined:

"this is nyc where there is pretty snowflakes. And when it starts snowing its so awesome because the city gets covered in snow and there's nothing more beautiful than central park in a blanket of white and seeing all the buildings get covered in white" 

Reality:


"Miserable. miserable. and even more miserable. why do people live in this weather? why is everyone wearing a Canada Goose jacket? DO I NEED ONE TOO TO SURVIVE? ugh my poor hair. and my face. actually my body. someone help me, i think my blood is freezing too" 


Going Out to Cute Cafes:

What I imagined:

"omg i must eat and try everything in nyc. This is going to be so awesome because there's so many options. I'm going to get so fat i can't wait. FIND ALL THE CUTE CAFES! EAT ALL THE PRETTY DESSERTS! "

Reality: 

"Wait, did that icecream for one seriously cost $10? Do you know what i can buy to eat for $10? That's like the cost of a meal. not even a large mcdonalds bigmac meal costs $10. how am i going to live in this city if i cant even afford ice cream?!?! ugh, im still hungry" 


Going Out and Being Cultured: 

What I imagined: 

"Moma, MET, art musems galore! I'm going to go and take in all the culture and learn so much and really learn to appreciate art and what the city has to offer me."

Reality:

"What do you mean it's going to take me 30 minutes on the subway and then another 10-15 minutes of walking out in the snow to get there? Nevermind going out. Where's Netflix? I love netflix. Why go out when you have hundreds of shows at your fingertips? I'm never leaving my bed" 


The Commute:

What i imagined: 

"I love public transportation. It's seriously the best thing and every city should have it. It's so convenient to be able to get anywhere without having to drive. and think about all the weight i'm going to lose from walking around!" 

Reality: 


"You're telling me that this distance is 2 miles, but on the subway it's going to take me more than 35 minutes? Also i just waited 10 minutes for this train and you didn't tell me that today the train isn't running to my stop and so it's taking me all the way into brooklyn?! wait.. i dont have a signal. HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO FIGURE OUT HOW TO GET HOME IF THERE'S NO SIGNAL IN THE SUBWAY STOPS?!" 


The People:

What i imagined:

 Reality: 











No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...